This book is a mapping of art in public, by artists with artists, seeing the lay of the land for public art since the shift in funding and provision for the arts from the early 2000s to the present. The 'road trip' was made in a series of short journeys that took place at intervals through 2014 and 2015. The mapping was initiated by Katy Beinart, Jo Thomas and Jack Brown who make up Figure Ground. They visited and connected with emerging artist-led public art schemes, projects and initiatives around England.
|Place of Publication||Brighton|
|Publisher||Figure Ground Projects|
|Commissioning body||Arts Council England|
|Number of pages||44|
|Publication status||Published - 2017|
- Public Art
- Socially Engaged Art
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Figure Ground Public Art Road Trip'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- School of Arch, Tech and Eng - Senior Lecturer
- Centre for Arts and Wellbeing
- Experimental Design Practices Research and Enterprise Group
- Radical Methodologies (RaM) Research and Enterprise Group
- Centre for Memory, Narrative and Histories
- Centre for Spatial, Environmental and Cultural Politics